Feeling up for a new adventure in your kitchen? Fluffy, cloud-like marshmallows and melted chocolate bars take this s’mores recipe to the next level of deliciousness! Enjoy these sweet treats on movie night, your next journey through the wilderness, or while daydreaming about all the stuff you’re going to do!
Adventures Await With This Delicious Up-Inspired S’mores Recipe!
- 12 large, rectangular graham crackers
- 12 oz. of chocolate bar or chocolate candy coating, melted
- 1-2 tsp vegetable oil (optional)
- Red fruit leather or fruit tape
- Your favorite homemade marshmallow recipe
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 6 peanut butter candy melts
- 2 Tbsp each of tan, yellow, orange, and black icing
- 1 Tbsp each of purple, red, blue, and white icing
- 7 piping bags fitted with #1 or #2 tips (for each of the colored icings), 1 piping bag fitted with #44 tip (for the white icing), toothpicks
Make the covers. Using a serrated knife, cut 2 inches off the length of each graham cracker. The remaining cracker should be 2 x 3 inches. Dip each cracker in melted chocolate, thinning the chocolate with oil if needed. Allow to set.
Create the binding. To create the book binding, cut out a 2 x ½-inch strip of red fruit leather. Use a dab of melted chocolate to attach this on the left side of each “book cover” cracker.
Make the marshmallows. Make the marshmallows according to your favorite recipe. Pour the marshmallow mixture into a 9 x 13-inch pan heavily dusted with powdered sugar. Fill the pan evenly to a depth of ½ inch. Allow to set. Use a long, thin knife brushed with oil to cut out 6 rectangles of marshmallow, each measuring 2 x 3 inches.
Decorate with details. Use the tan colored icing to draw square and circular borders on each “book cover.” Flat side facing up, attach a peanut butter candy melt chip under the text area. Use black icing and a toothpick to lightly draw the shape of North and South America. Write “MY ADVENTURE BOOK” with colored icing fitted into piping bags. Pipe a black icing ribbon tie atop the red fruit leather “binding.” To finish, pipe a thick line of white icing “tape” on the top left side of the globe.
Enjoy your s’mores! Place a cut marshmallow in between one “book cover” graham cracker and one plain, chocolate-dipped graham cracker. You can toast the marshmallows or just enjoy them plain. Now it’s time to take off on a delicious adventure!