Whether he is waxing poetic and sharing a life lesson or cracking wise and making little to no sense at all, Captain Jack Sparrow really has a way with words. With so many quotable moments, it’s hard to narrow down the Captain’s best, but we’ve taken the task upon ourselves anyway!
8. “This is the day you will always remember as the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow.”
Jack’s confidence never falters, even when he makes a fool of himself mid-delivery.
7. “I love this song! Really bad eggs!”
Jack knows that the way to make the most of a bad situation is to sing your favorite sea shanty.
6. “I’m dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It’s the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they’re going to do something incredibly … stupid.”
His advice may be a bit confusing and backwards, but yes, Jack, we understand.
5. “If you were waiting for the opportune moment, that was it.”
Don’t wait for the right moment to do something. Follow your gut and achieve your goals!
4. “Why fight when you can negotiate?”
While Captain Jack Sparrow isn’t one to shy away from battle, he is well aware that sometimes it may be easier to talk it out.
3. “Wherever we want to go, we’ll go.”
Jack’s overall outlook on life is very admirable. We all need to live life to the fullest and do the things we dream of doing.
2. “My tremendous intuitive sense of the female creature informs me that you are troubled.”
Leave it to Captain Jack Sparrow to show concern for someone and bring levity to a situation all at the same time!
1. “Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.”
Jack’s deepest and most profound quote. Words to live by.
What’s your favorite Jack Sparrow quote? Stream Pirates of the Caribbean on Disney+ to find your favorite.