Our favorite Disney fairy tales would not be complete without a villainous lead. In order to relive just how wicked they are, we’ve decided to rank some of the most sinister Disney Villains quotes starting from a little sinister to really, really sinister. We made sure each quote was equal parts creepy and dastardly.
10. “I warn you, child. If I lose my temper, you lose your head! Understand?!” –Queen of Hearts, Alice in Wonderland
Ominous? Very. Sinister? We’re kind of skeptical the Queen would go through with it. Plus it’s too straight-forward a threat to be truly sinister.
9. “The most beautiful girl in town, that makes her the best! And don’t I deserve the best?” –Gaston, Beauty and the Beast
There was always something dark behind Gaston’s eyes, right? Even some light boasting between friends (servant and master?), which could be considered harmless, becomes dastardly when Gaston is involved. No one menaces like Gaston.
8. “Alright, keep the little beasts for all I care! Do what you want with them! Drown them! But I warn you, Anita, we’re through! I’m through with all of you!” –Cruella de Vil, One Hundred and One Dalmatians
Cruella is talking about puppies. We hate to remind you of this, but for the purposes of this article we have to. Because it makes her the absolute worst.
7. “And there, my faithful huntsman, you will kill her!” –Evil Queen, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
If this was a list ranking dagger eyes, Evil Queen would win.
6. “Dear, this whole romance that you’ve invented, just proves you’re too naive to be here. Why would he like you?” –Mother Gothel, Tangled
Mother Gothel is messed up. Manipulating Rapunzel so she can stay close to that magic hair? Evil.
5. “Triton’s daughter will be mine and then I’ll make him writhe. I’ll see him wriggle like a worm on a hook!” –Ursula, The Little Mermaid
This is really uncomfortable and incredibly malevolent. Combine it with this image and we can guarantee that we’re never sleeping again.
4. “You poor, simple fools. Thinking you could defeat me. Me! The mistress of all evil!” –Maleficent, Sleeping Beauty
The fact that Maleficent can turn into a Dragon makes everything she does more sinister than anything we’ll ever do. And while we’re comforted by that, we live in fear of ever meeting her and hearing her say this quote.
3. “You’re speechless, I see. A fine quality in a wife.” –Jafar, Aladdin
Is this sinister, we can hear you asking yourself? Um yeah, he’s basically cool with forcing someone to marry him and taking her silence as acquiescence. Can’t trust a man with a curly beard like Jafar’s.
2. “Death is the only adventure you have left!” –Captain Hook, Peter Pan
This line is pretty shudder-inducing and quite profound. But mostly really creepy.
1. “I killed Mufasa!” –Scar, The Lion King
Scar is the ultimate Disney Villain. He redefines what it means to be wicked. The fact that he says this chilling line with something close to joy means it wins the most sinister award every time.