These past few months have been phenomenal for Frozen fans. Today, we have some more amazing news: the Frozen on Broadway company is in a New York Studio because Walt Disney Records is currently laying down tracks for an Original Broadway Cast Recording. The recording will be released later this spring!
Ever since we first heard the stellar voices of Frozen on Broadway’s all-star cast, led by the legendary Caissie Levy (Elsa) and Patti Murin (Anna), humming the catchy tunes has become a part of our daily routines. The album is produced by our favorite songwriting duo Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, along with Stephen Oremus, Dave Metzger, and Chris Montan. Frozen on Broadway’s pit orchestra of 21 will be expanded to include 44 musicians for the cast recording, including a string section that is 22 musicians strong!
Check out the track list for this sure-to-be-incredible album:
- Vuelie / Let the Sun Shine On – Company
- A Little Bit of You – Young Elsa, Young Anna
- Do You Want to Build a Snowman? –Young Anna, Anna, Elsa
- For the First Time in Forever – Anna, Elsa, Townspeople
- Hans of the Southern Isles – Hans
- Queen Anointed – Townspeople
- Dangerous to Dream – Elsa, Townspeople
- Love Is an Open Door – Anna, Hans
- Reindeer(S) Are Better Than People – Kristoff
- What Do You Know About Love? – Anna, Kristoff
- In Summer – Olaf
- Hans of the Southern Isles (reprise) – Hans, Weselton, Townspeople
- Let It Go – Elsa
- Hygge – Oaken, Kristoff, Anna, Olaf, Family & Friends
- For the First Time in Forever (reprise) – Elsa, Anna
- Fixer Upper – Bulda, Pabbie, Olaf, Hidden Folk
- Kristoff Lullaby – Kristoff
- Monster – Elsa, Hans, Men
- True Love – Anna
- Colder by the Minute – Anna, Kristoff, Elsa, Hans, Townspeople
- Finale / Let It Go – Company
- When Everything Falls Apart Outtake – Olaf, Kristoff, Anna
If you haven’t seen Frozen on Broadway yet, you can get a preview of four beautiful tracks while grabbing your tickets online!
The musical set box office records with its opening on March 22, garnering rave reviews, including this one by Daily News:
Frozen's songs shine!
This is how New York Magazine described Caissie Levy’s performance as Elsa:
... belting her heart out as if she’s Lady Gaga at Madison Square Garden – and the response in the audience is comparable. There are screams, cheers, tears – this is what we came for, and the effect is genuinely electric.
In addition, People wrote that the dozen new songs “blend seamlessly with favorites like ‘Love Is an Open Door’ and ‘For the First Time in Forever,’” from “Elsa’s earth-shattering anthem ‘Monster’” to “Anna’s 11 o’clock heartbreaker ‘True Love’” that, as performed by the “bright and beautiful” Patti Murin, “will have you reaching for the tissues.”
We agree with each of these statements—the music in Frozen on Broadway definitely gave us chills. We can’t wait to listen to the show’s stunning score on repeat when the Frozen Original Broadway Cast Recording drops this spring!