Are there ever times when you hear the call of the sea, but alas, you must stick to your landlubber ways for lack of a shoulder parrot and magic talisman? Us too. In these cases, the best thing you can do is scowl and quote Pirates of the Caribbean. We went to the highest court of all the land and sea (you guys) to see which lines from our favorite films were tops.
15. “I’m dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly, it’s the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they’re going to do something incredibly stupid.” -Jack Sparrow
This is honestly incredibly profound.
14. “Nobody move! I dropped me brain!” -Jack Sparrow
A typical Monday mood for us.
13. “The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?” -Jack Sparrow
Sometimes it’s good to take a step back and see if the problem truly lies within.
12. “You need to find yourself a girl, mate.” -Jack Sparrow
True love conquers all, you guys.
11. “I’ve got a jar of dirt!” -Jack Sparrow
Pretty much all of life’s happiness can be found in a jar of dirt.
10. “Did everyone see that? Because I will not be doing it again.” -Jack Sparrow
Captain Jack is a man of many talents, many of which are completely accidental.
9. “If you were waiting for the opportune moment, that was it.” -Jack Sparrow
Carpe diem, friends.
8. “The code is more what you'd call 'guidelines' than actual rules." -Hector Barbossa
Rules were made to be broken (except when they weren’t. Safety first).
7. “You are without a doubt the worst pirate I’ve ever heard of.” (James Norrington) “But you have heard of me.” -Jack Sparrow
Any publicity is good publicity, right?
6. “You cheated!” (Will Turner) “Pirate.” -Jack Sparrow
We do not condone cheating, but being a pirate is pretty good excuse for most things.
5. “ ’Ello poppet.” -Pintel
If we had to make a list of the top creepiest greetings, this would be on there.
4. “Not all treasure’s silver and gold, mate.” -Jack Sparrow
More wise words from Captain Jack to help us realize what we truly treasure in life.
3. “This is either madness, or brilliance.” (Will Turner) “It’s remarkable how often those two traits coincide.” -Jack Sparrow
It’s hard to tell if Captain Jack is madly brilliant or brilliantly mad.
2. “I’m disinclined to acquiesce to your request.” -Hector Barbossa & Elizabeth Swann
Probably the classiest and most boss way of saying “no” we’ve ever heard.
1. “Savvy?” -Jack Sparrow
We’re savvy to being savvy. But how savvy are you?
A good amount of these quotes come from banter between Captain Jack Sparrow and Will Turner, which only reaffirms the true treasure that is their friendship.
Did we miss any great quotes? You can find out by streaming Pirates of the Caribbean now on Disney+!